SASSIFRAGA IGT Rosso - Le Strie

    Tax included


    Vintage 2020

    Product by: Azienda Agricola Le Strie

    0,75 lt


    GRAPES VARIETIES AND VINEYARDS: The most important grape variety is, of course, Nebbiolo grape which accounts for 95% of all the grapes. The remaining 5% is made up of Rossola, Pignola, Brugnola: they are local grapes varieties that you occasionally can find in Valltellina Valley vineyards. Most of the grapes come from our vineyards located in Valtellina Superiore DOCG sub-zones known as Sassella (Communes of Castione A. and Sondrio) and Valgella (Commune of Teglio). A small part of the grapes come from a vineyard having a very good exposure, located in Grumello sub-zone (Commune of Montagna V.).

    VINIFICATION: We picked the grapes by the end of october using small boxes containing about 20 kg, each. The boxes were carried as soon as possible to our cellar where the grapes were put through the de-stemmer and crusher. The crushed grapes were pumped into a stainless steel tank where alcoholic fermentation took place. The maceration time lasted 7 days. After the end of the fermentation process, we drained the wine off. Then we racked it off and let it mature in stainless steel vats for about 7 months before bottling. We used no oak barrels for making this wine.

    COLOR: Ruby red

    PERFUMES: Fruity: cherries, raspberries, blackberries

    TASTE: Dry, slightly tannic, long

    FOOD MATCHES: Roasted red meat, cheese

    Data sheet


    No customer reviews for the moment.

    close Shopping Cart
    close Shopping Cart

    New Account Register

    Already have an account?
    Log in instead Or Reset password